Sports Premium Information: impact and funding
The PE and sport premium funding is to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport we provide. This includes any carried forward funding.
We use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that your school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now are sustainable and will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, for example, by:
- providing targeted activities or support to involve and encourage the least active children
- encouraging active play during break times and lunchtimes
- establishing, extending or funding attendance of school sports clubs and activities and holiday clubs, or broadening the variety offered
- adopting an active mile initiative
- raising attainment in primary school swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of key stage 2 - every child should leave primary school able to swim