Welcome to Bexton Primary School
Welcome to the Bexton Primary School website. We hope you find all the information you need to learn more about Bexton Primary School.
At Bexton we aim to have happy children who are motivated to learn. Our children are very well behaved and proud of their school. We have an incredibly strong staff team of teachers and support staff who care and support all pupils. Parents are also supportive and share our high aspirations for their children. Whether you are a parent of a child at Bexton Primary School or a prospective parent we hope you feel welcomed and valued as part of our warm, happy school community.
At Bexton we work in partnership with children, parents and extended families to develop lively and enquiring minds that acquire knowledge and skills relevant to our children’s needs, now and in the future.
To do this we aim to:
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum which recognises each child’s individuality and meets his / her needs
- Offer first hand experiences wherever possible in order to stimulate interest
- Have equal opportunities for access to all parts of the curriculum
- Foster worthwhile attitudes and values of caring and respect for others
- Recognise and value each child’s talents and enable them to feel part of a loving, caring community
Our long term vision
Bexton goes Beyond:
- So that children radiate Bexton values
- So that children enjoy learning and achieve their academic best
- So that childrens’ individual skills and interests are encouraged and celebrated
- So that children explore global issues and develop life skills for the future
- So that our local community feels involved
More about Bexton
Bexton Primary School is two form entry primary school situated on a 4-5 acre site in the market town of Knutsford, Cheshire. The school is in a semi-rural location, surrounded on two sides by farm land but in close vicinity to a number of popular housing estates.
The school was originally built as separate Infant and Junior schools, with a new corridor build in 2012 enabling the two buildings to be joined together. The EYFS area is open plan with full access to a dedicated outdoor provision, the remainder of the school is arranged as 12 classrooms and separate learning hub used to promote small group learning. The school has an extensive library that is housed within the school corridors with space for the children to sit and read, there is a children’s kitchen and various areas set up to facilitate small group working. School dinners are cooked on-site in the school kitchen.
Outside, the school has an extensive “Astro-Turf” pitch, a school garden containing 15 raised beds, a chicken coop. two woodland areas, hard surface playgrounds and an extensive grassed area incorporating football pitches.
The school can cater for up to 420 children (14 classes of 30 children). In September 2015 there were 432 children on the school roll. In 2015 we increased our ‘Pupil Admission Number’ to cope with local demand and provided three smaller classes of 25 in Reception.