Welcome to Bexton Primary School
RECEPTION INTAKE – SEPTEMBER 2020 - CORONAVIRUS UPDATE
We are aware you will have received your admission offers this week and may well have a number of questions you would like answering. If the questions relate to waiting lists and school allocation, please contact Cheshire East admissions department directly as they have the most up to date information on how to access waiting lists. They are currently open and contact details/further information can be found at https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/schools/admissions/september-2020-allocations.aspx
In the meantime, we will continue as a school to prepare activities for transition and will be in touch with those who have accepted their Bexton offer in May. There will be a pack sent out to parents which will include the following:
- An information leaflet to introduce the staff and school facilities that can be shared with your child
- Activities that you can be doing with your child to prepare them for school in September
- Booking forms to apply for places at our wrap around care facility
- Information on dates for a webinar information and Q&A session with the Headteacher and EYFS staff
- Future plans for transition sessions (dependent on government restrictions)
Transition during such tricky times will no doubt be causing additional anxiety for all, but please be reassured we will make sure that the children are fully comfortable with the process before coming back to school full time. We are very much looking forward to having the children join us in September!
Best wishes to you all at this tricky time,
Welcome to the Bexton Primary School website. We hope you find all the information you need to learn more about Bexton Primary School.
At Bexton we aim to have happy children who are motivated to learn. Our children are very well behaved and proud of their school. Over the last three years, the school has steadily risen in local and national rankings and we are now proud to be the second highest performing school in Cheshire East for attainment in reading, writing and maths and top 2% nationally for attainment. In 2019, our progress for reading , writing and maths was well above national averages, putting us in the top 1% of schools nationally for attainment and top 5% for progress. This shows that children make excellent progress and achieve very high standards due to the excellent teaching standards across the school.
We have an incredibly strong staff team of teachers and support staff who care and support all pupils. Parents are also supportive and share our high aspirations for their children. Whether you are a parent of a child at Bexton Primary School or a prospective parent we hope you feel welcomed and valued as part of our warm, happy school community.
In August 2019 we became part of Cheshire Academies Trust. Please see their website for more information on our partner schools.
At Bexton we work in partnership with children, parents and extended families to develop lively and enquiring minds that acquire knowledge and skills relevant to our children’s needs, now and in the future.
To do this we aim to:
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum which recognises each child’s individuality and meets his / her needs
- Offer first hand experiences wherever possible in order to stimulate interest
- Have equal opportunities for access to all parts of the curriculum
- Foster worthwhile attitudes and values of caring and respect for others
- Recognise and value each child’s talents and enable them to feel part of a loving, caring community
Our long term vision
Bexton goes Beyond:
- So that children radiate Bexton values
- So that children enjoy learning and achieve their academic best
- So that childrens’ individual skills and interests are encouraged and celebrated
- So that children explore global issues and develop life skills for the future
- So that our local community feels involved
More about Bexton
Bexton Primary School is a two form entry primary school situated on a 4-5 acre site in the market town of Knutsford, Cheshire. The school is in a semi-rural location, surrounded on two sides by farm land but in close vicinity to a number of popular housing estates.
The school was originally built as separate Infant and Junior schools, with a new corridor build in 2012 enabling the two buildings to be joined together. The EYFS area is open plan with full access to a dedicated outdoor provision, the remainder of the school is arranged as 12 classrooms and separate learning hub used to promote small group learning. The school has an extensive library that is housed within the school corridors with space for the children to sit and read. We are fortunate to have large classrooms and smaller spaces for group work. All school dinners are cooked on-site in the school kitchen and the cook works hard to provide a variety of healthy, delicious meals.
Outside, the school has an extensive “Astro-Turf” pitch, a school garden containing 15 raised beds, a chicken coop, two woodland areas, a woodland trail, hard surface playgrounds and an extensive grassed area incorporating football pitches.
The school can cater for up to 420 children (14 classes of 30 children). In September 2015 there were 432 children on the school roll. In 2015 we increased our ‘Pupil Admission Number’ to cope with local demand and provided three smaller classes of 25 in Reception.