Sports Premium Information
The government has continued to provide additional funding for the academic year 2016/17 to improve the provision of physical education and sport in primary schools. This funding is direct to schools to be spent with the following aims:
• Increasing participation rates in such activities as games, dance, gymnastics, swimming and athletics.
• Increasing participation and success in competitive school sports. • Making the physical education curriculum more inclusive.
• Expanding the growth in the range of traditional and alternative sporting activities.
• Improving partnership work on physical education with other schools and other local partners.
• Finding links with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater social, spiritual, moral and cultural skills.
• Making pupils more aware of the dangers of obesity, smoking and other such activities that undermine pupils’ health.