We will be using this page to collate information sent home and answer common questions. We will update the page when we receive information from Public Health England (PHE).
Mental Health Helpline - 0300 303 3972
Local NHS Trust, Cheshire and Wirral Partnership (CWP), has launched a new mental health helpline for residents of Cheshire West, Cheshire East and Wirral.
Open 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, it is open to people of all ages including children and young people who need urgent mental health support.
What to do if you need urgent mental health help:
- Please call 0300 303 3972 and our dedicated local NHS staff will support you to access the help you need;
- The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to people of all ages – including children and young people;
- The helpline is now the first port of call for mental health help – it is operated by people in your local area who will know how best to support you. If you call NHS111 you may have to wait longer for help and will be re-directed to this local service – so call 0300 303 3972;
- Please note, A&E and 999 are not the best places to get help for the majority of mental health problems – call 0300 303 3972 to be directed to the best local service to support you;
- You should still call 999 or go to A&E if you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency requiring mental or physical health assistance;
- For non-urgent help and general wellbeing advice, the CWP website contains information and links to resources to support people with anxiety, low mood, and worries relating to the current Covid-19 pandemic www.cwp.nhs.uk
For children and young people there is also a dedicated website MyMind.org.uk
Update 7pm 19.03.20 Yesterday we received notification from the government that school is to close until further notice. On Monday we have been advised by the government that we should reopen for the children of 'key workers'. They have not yet defined who 'key workers' are and we are awating this information to make plans. We have asked parents to inform Mrs Armstrong if they feel both parents fit the criteria of 'front line key worker' by email. All other children will need to stay at home.
12pm 17.03.20 Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable adults
Further details are found at this link https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/